Escargots a la Bourguignonne
(Snails in Garlic Butter)
- 1 Cup well-softened butter
- 2/3 Cup minced parsley
- 2 minced shallots
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 Cans of escargots from Bourgogne
- Stale bread crumbs
- Large croutons
1) In a bowl cream together 2 sticks (1 Cup) of butter, well softened, 2/3 Cup minced parsley, 2 shallots and 2 garlic cloves, all minced, ¼ tsp salt and pepper to taste.
2) Drain the snails from the tin, rinse and pat dry.
3) With a small metal spatula, fill the recess of 4 snail dishes with some of the butter mixture.
4) Set a snail in each recess and cover it with about ½ tsp or more of the butter.
5) Sprinkle 3 Tbsp of stale bread crumbs over the snails in each dish.
1) Bake the snails in a preheated, very hot oven, 500 degrees for 8 minutes.
2) Put the dishes under a preheated broiler for 1 minute or until the crumbs are golden.
Serve with large croutons or slices of hot, French baguette. Use the bread to soak up the garlic butter. Served as an appetizer. Serves 4.